Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th and more

It has been awhile since I have written....

We had to get rid of our dog, Tucker, this past week. He had an incident while we were on vacation and tried to bite our niece. He just isn't very good around kids. We knew this day was coming and that we would have to get rid of him eventually. Tyler has had Tucker since Spring of 2005. It wasn't easy giving him away, but we did find a good place for him to go. The secretary at Burgess and Son had lost her dog a few months ago and was looking for a mature dog. So Tyler dropped Tucker off last week. So far he is adapting to his new home. She has 2 teenage boys, so he will enjoy playing with them. It made it easier knowing that he was going to a good home.

Tyler and Tucker

Friday was Extravaganza 09 at the McTaggart Farm in Pawnee. We have gone every year for the past couple of years to the farm for the boys to light fireworks. They enjoy lighting them off and getting the occasional burn or hole in the clothing. This year Tyler put a punk out on his head. He was sure there was a burn mark, but when I looked I couldn't find anything. They put on a pretty good show. I was afraid MJ wouldn't enjoy the loud noise that comes along with fireworks, but she didn't really mind. It was time for her to eat as soon as the fireworks started so I think she was concentrating more on eating than the noise. Every once in awhile when there was a "sizzle" firework she would flinch, but there was no crying. She slept all the way home and then didn't get up until 5:00!! She slept a good 7 hours!

Saturday was a pretty crappy day. It rained all day. It did finally let up just in time for our BBQ. We had a good time. All the kids played and Molly Jo was so good. She sat in her seat and just hung out the whole time. I think everyone had a good time. Tyler and I were laughing at how much our BBQs have changed. Before there were never any kids there, the music was blaring, and we were always up very late sitting by the fire. This year everyone there had kids, the music selection had to be changed a couple of times, and the party was over around 8 so the kids could get home to bed. Oh how times have changed!! haha!

Sunday was a lazy morning. The three of us just laid around the house all morning. Sunday afternoon MJ and I went into my Grandma's house to meet the Neff's. Most of the Neff's had seen MJ at Allie's ballgame when she was only 3 weeks old, but this was the first time they were able to hold her. It was the fist time she met Auntie Min and Doug. We had a good time. She just laid on her blanket and talked for the longest time. Tyler had gone golfing with Kalib and they were grilling out when we got home. So MJ got to meet Creepy Uncle Kalib for the first time. Molly went to bed at her normal time of 10:00 and didn't get up this morning until 6:15!!! I couldn't believe it...a little over 8 hours of sleep for me!!! We will see if this was a one time thing or if this is going to continue.

This morning I put her in her bouncy seat and the next thing I know it was playing the music. You have to actually pull on the lion for it to play. This was the first time she had actually pulled on the lion herself. She gave the biggest smile after she had done it. She just keeps pulling and pulling it now! I think she is very proud of herself!! This is my last full week at home with her so I am going to enjoy it!!!


Molly pulling on the Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment