Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cankles??

So I get home from work Sunday night and looked down at what were my ankels....well not anymore. I had Cankles!!! If you are not familiar with what a cankle is it is when your calf takes over your ankle. You could no longer see my ankle bone. Very depressing. My family has a long running joke about cankles!! Anyway after sitting with my feet up for awhile the swelling had gone down a lot. By the next morning I had my ankles back!!! But it never fails, after being on my feet for 9 hours during the day, when I get home the cankles have returned! Luckily they continue to go away. Oh the joys of pregnancy!!

********************

Saturday, friends of ours got married. Tyler was an usher in the wedding. We had a lot of fun. Tyler was master of the dance floor. Here are some pics to prove it.






**********************

Pregnany update: My sugar levels came back slightly elevated from the 1 hour glucose test so I had to go back for the 3 hour test. The three hour test consists of fasting for 12 hours before the test, getting your blood drawn, drinking a very sugary drink, then having your blood drawn every hour for three hours afterwards. So after 8:00 pm last night I wasn't able to eat until after the entire test was done, which ended up being around 12:00 pm today. Way too long for a preggo to go without eating, if you ask me. I don't think I have gone that long without eating since I peed on the stick and saw two lines appear!!! LOL!! All in all it really wasn't that bad. Luckily needles have never bothered me, so getting stuck 4 times wasn't a big deal. Everything went smoothly until 10 minutes before I was to get my last blood drawn. The lab had been relatively slow and I was left in peace to read my magazine and watch Maury. Then I heard some people walk in and I was immediately annoyed with them just by the sound of their voices. It was 2 ladies and a man in a wheelchair. He would later tell me he was there to have surgery. So I'm sitting waiting patiently for the nurse to come get me for the last time, I'm starving and alittle light headed from having blood drawn 3 times already, and the 2 ladies sit right next to me and wheel the man to sit across from them. There are 30 other chairs in the waiting room, but they sat right next to me!!!! They start asking me why I am in the lab today and what my name is and where I live. I am totally annoyed at this point and have completely ignored everything they have asked me. I don't want to tell you why I am here or my name or where I live. They on the other hand don't get the hint and ignore the fact that I am ignoring them and continue to tell me why they are here, who they are, and where they are from. Just as I was getting up to move seats, the nurse calls me name!! Thank God!! Being stuck with a needle for the
4th time was heaven compared to sitting next to these freaks!!! After leaving the hospital I immediately head straight to the nearest drive-thru for a quick bite to eat. Food had never tasted so good! My next doctor's appt. is Friday, so hopefully I will get the test results then! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Tyler = master of the dance floor? I expect good things from him come October 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cankles?? Oh no!!
    There must have been a lot of JT being played at that wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy as long as you play some Justin Timberlake I can promise Tyler on the dance floor!!

    ReplyDelete