Monday, January 19, 2009

Retail Rules

So I dislike my job more and more as everyday passes. Poor Tyler is always having to listen to me vent about customers and the job in general. So I'm giving him a break and venting my frustrations about customers and everyday retail life to all my fellow bloggers!!

1. It is not my cashiers' job to tell you if an item you bought has a coupon!!

2. Yelling "Hey" across the store to try and get me to help you only makes me walk away slowly in the other direction acting like I'm going to do something else.

3. Approaching me while I am carring a handfull of money or a register drawer back to the office only makes me think you are going to rob me..stay away!!

4. When I have caught you stealing before and you come back into my store, don't accuse me of harrassment when I follow your every move!

5. When I am obvisouly helping another customer, don't interupt me. As important as you think you are....you aren't! Wait your turn!

6. If you screwed up your food stamps and put it all on your debit card instead...too damn bad. It won't hurt you to pay for that junk one time!

7. If your child is at home "dying" like you say, quit bitching to me about paying a $5 co-pay for some amoxocillin and "save" your child. If your child's life isn't worth $5...I'm calling DCFS on you!!

8. When an employee is working in the promo aisle, say setting Christmas, don't walk by and say "Christmas already?". Yes we are setting Christmas already...in the retail world we skip Thanksgiving because we make no money off of it. (I know Goo, it makes me sick to my stomach to skip Thanksgiving) So guess what comes after Halloween...yes Christmas. And you are probably the 77th person to say those exact words to me. As soon as you walk away, I'm cursing you!

9. When the doors are locked at 10 when we close, don't bang on the door at 10:10. You aren't getting in. Go somewhere else. Also when you walk up to the doors at 6:50 and we open at 7, don't bang on the doors. We will open at 7. You aren't that important for me to open early.

10.If I ask you if you need help and you look at me like I'm below you and don't answer. Don't expect me to give you great service later when you ask if I can help you find something.

11.Just because I wear a uniform and a name badge, does not mean I don't have a college education.

Okay I could really go on forever, but I think this is a very good venting session for now. Please remember these rules on your next shopping venture!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can relate to most of these having previously worked in the retail world. You need to search for a new job on maternity leave...going to a job you hate is so miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I hate Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's been forever then since you have seen a movie. Jeremy and I have always loved going to the movies. I will say though, it probably wouldn't happen as often if we didn't live as close to theaters as we do. Even in Collinsville, we live pretty close to several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tara, I always knew you would make a great manager :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to add to my last comment regarding movies. Since you haven't been in a while, maybe you don't know this....Unless you go to like the Carlinville theater or the one in Springfield on the east side of town, the admission is $9.25 per person now...Crazy, huh? It is that price at both the Parkway Pointe and Showplace West theater and then it's like $13 for two sodas and a popcorn. We always go to the one on the east side of town, or see a matinee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I would love to see you in action on one of these days Tara! I can just see the look on your face as you deal with these idiots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, my....I believe your hormones have kicked in!!!!!!!!! Where did my sweet little girl disappear to????????? Mom

    ReplyDelete