If you aren't a baseball fan you can stop reading. Today Albert Pujols rejected the offer the St. Louis Cardinal's offered him. Reality is setting in that this may be his last year with the bat and birds on his chest. I have mixed emotions about this. One side of me hates to see him leave. He is one of the best if not the best player in the MLB. I really think he is key on and off the field for our team. The other side of me is wondering if he is being a little too greedy? Yes, he makes less than all of the other "big" names in baseball and I know the numbers people are throwing around out there haven't been verified by either side as being correct, but it seems as though he is unwilling to negotiate. His reputation makes me want to not believe these statements. Since Albert will not negotiate during the season we have to wait. We still have full rights to him until 5 days after the World Series is over. It's a waiting game.
This makes me wonder about this season. Will this ordeal lead to hostility on the field, off the field or in the clubhouse? Will the team and the fans continue to support Albert? I would personally love to see him stay and finish his career with STL.
Two things I know for sure:
1. I may cry if I find out Albert will be wearing pin stripes next year. (meaning he could become a Cub or a Yankee)
2. I was a Cardinals fan before Albert Pujols and I will be a Cardinals fan after Albert Pujols!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go CUBS Go
ReplyDelete