Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fighting with an old guy...

Yes that is right. I got into a 30 minute argument with an old guy last night at work. He came in around 6:30 and needed to pick up a script. Well our pharmacy closes at 6:00 on the weekends. He refused to leave until I went back there to get it for him. State Law says that it is illegal for me to dispense prescriptions without a pharmacist on duty and Walgreens will fire you (no questions asked) if you go into the pharmacy without a pharmacist. I tried to explain this to the man over and over again. He kept saying he used to be a pharmacist and it was NOT against the law. I mean how many times and different ways can I say the same thing over and over again. It IS against the law and I am not going to get fired for this old guy. I offered to call both of our 24 hour stores for him. His script would have been easily transferred to one of those stores and he could have picked it up there. He wasn't having that and he walked away. Thank God! Only he got halfway to the door and came back. He wanted me to call Monroe, so I did. He talked to them for about 10 minutes then yelled at me for awhile and started to walk away again. Only to come back and request that I call MacArthur for him, why I don't know. He talks to them for awhile and hangs up. He starts in on me again and I start to yell back. I mean there is only so much you can take. My voice gets really loud and I tell him that it is against the law and Walgreens will fire me if I go back there without a pharmacist. His response, "Good, they should fire you!!" Man what a grumpy old guy! After that outburst he finally left. I have no clue if he got his script at another store or not and I don't really care. The customer that was working on the kiosk and heard the whole thing said I handled the situation very well and that he was going to call the district office and tell them how rude this guy was and how well I handled the situation. Can't wait to not work retail anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment